Monday, April 12, 2010

Tears

Tears are healing. It's hard to cry sometimes. To let someone know you are sad enough to cry. It makes you feel vulnerable and weak. You can't pretend everything is okay when tears are rolling down your face and falling to the ground. But it also feels good to cry. It feels good to let someone know you're not okay. To let someone validate your pain.

Someone crying WITH you when you're in pain. That is the epitome of love. That validates your pain. It lets you know they truly get it. When they feel your pain. You know it's real and not imagined. That its okay to be in pain. That your pain is warranted. Thank you for crying with me, friend. Thank you for feeling my pain. For validating my hurt. For not being afraid of my pain, but for sitting with me in it. Next to extreme joy, it's one of the greatest feelings in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment