Thursday, February 17, 2011

I feel like Moses

So I've been reading portions of the Bible in 100 days with my church family.

We are reading through the Old Testament. I never would have thought I could identify with these people. I mean, they didn't have facebook and TV's or worry about whether their roots are showing or if they're going to be stuck in traffic. Right?

So I loved reading about Joseph again. It was like reading it with fresh eyes. And then came Moses. I've def. had a Moses week. Fo Sho! God's like yo Moses I have a job for ya. I want you to bring freedom to my peeps. And Moses is like God I can't, I hate talking in front of people. And God's like yo Moses I got your back.

So I've felt like God had called me to do counseling and this week I had a horrific week at internship on top of some personal issues I've been trying to deal with. I was def. getting in my own way. I was like God I can't do this. I don't like talking in front of people and yet I'm doing it every day at my internship. And God's like Lauri I got your back.

I was talking to my best friend about this and she had a great point. Alot of times we like to say that the devil is "attacking" us but so often we are the ones that attack us even more than he does. I know this is true for me. I am my own worst enemy.

Like Moses I feel like I'm not the one for the job. There is someone more qualified. Someone more talented or educated. Someone who knows more what they are doing. And while this may be true, I know that He's called me to do a certain job and I'm not going to let my own fears and insecurities get in the way. God tells me the same thing that He told Moses: "I will certainly be with you!" What more could I need.

I love how Moses often questions God, because I think it shows someone who's a thinker and someone who isn't afraid to ask the right questions to get the answers and reassurance he needs. I think Moses and I coulda been BFF's.

I hope Moses story inspires you as much as it did me.

-Lauri

No comments:

Post a Comment