Thursday, February 10, 2011

Does Jesus Care?



So yesterday I was all caught up in MY own issues, problems and concerns.

I was like does Jesus even care that I'm sad?
Does He care that I'm struggling with my internship?
Does He care that I feel overwhelmed with school and life?
Does He care that MY dreams for MY life haven't panned out?
Does He care that I'm worried about whether or not I should go on the Trauma Trip?

I wanted to skip Life Group, stay in my bed wrapped up in my blankets, and read a book! And that's pretty much exactly what I was going to do until a friend texted me that he was headed to my house to ride with me. So I was like fiiiiiiiiine (siiiiiiiiigh), I gueeeess I'll go. Which is funny because I'm usually the one who "makes" him go.

I'm so glad I went. It was just what I needed. We watched a video by Louie Giglio which gave me such great perspective. he spoke about how big God is and how capable. I found tears welling up in my eyes as He spoke about how God is right with ME, holding ME in His hands even when I'm going through trials. And he spoke about Laminin, the protein which holds our physical bodies together which looks like a cross. Coincidence? Maybe! But such a cool one.

Here is what Laminin looks like:


Cool, huh?!? So this is literally what's holding me together.

And then of course it's always nice to be around friends who make me laugh and forget about any problems I may be having. And YES Jesus does care!! He cares about the smallest thing that I care about even when it doesn't feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment